(Cincinnati) She was trapped in her basement while her home burned. Reports of a woman screaming brought firefighters to a home in Oakley around 9 o'clock Tuesday night. They saw heavy smoke pouring from a two-story home and found a woman trapped in the basement by fire in the stairwell and block glass security windows. Two firefighters were able to smash through the windows with a sledge hammer and pull the woman to safety. However, some of the woman's pets weren't so lucky, one cat and one dog died in the blaze. Investigators say that they believe on of the woman's pets may have knocked over a candle and started the fire. Damage has been estimated at $40,000.
Posted Wednesday, October 30th 2013 @ 11am by 700WLW News